Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Homemade Pasta using a Kitchenaid

For today's "tasty tuesday" I am excited to share that after years of thinking/debating, several hours of research and the encouragement of some brethren that know me very well, I have finally invested in a kitchenaid mixer and am VERY happy with it. I got a refurbished one - these are factory refurbished with a 6 month warranty for the same price as what used ones were going for on craigslist (though none in my area ... the closest being 5 hours away) ... delivered right to my door for free. Once I learned what a refurbished model was and read many reviews it was easy for me to choose that over a used one on craigslist. If you are curious, I purchased the mixer off "overstock.com". Just type in "refurbished kitchenaid".

I have made pasta several times now -- fettuccine and lasagna -- and am very pleased with the results. I watched several videos on how to make pasta and of course all the kitchenaid ones make it look so easy :) and it IS as long as the dough is the right texture.


My most favourite 'how-to' video though was from a man that used a hand-crank pasta roller (but the technique is the same regardless of hand or machine powered). I'm glad I ran in to him because he also has many fabulous recipes on his youtube page and I appreciate his style. And too, he's just plain fun to listen to and watch!!

Here is the 'how-to' video:


Brianna took a short video of me using the pasta attachment. She took this for our old-lady friend Christine who just loves to see what we are up to when not at her house :)


Here is a video of a recipe I made the other night ... very tasty!! This is the same guy as the 'how-to' video.


And last - a video of something I am going to try very soon (with as little cheese as possible) ... once again, the same guy. I think he's great! We enjoy trying to imitate his accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!