Friday, June 20, 2014

2014 Garden Update

Well, things are going along nicely for our little garden this year. I probably mentioned before that we were not going to have a country garden this year but instead do only what I think I can handle by myself ... and if someone helps, great! But if not, I can still take care of it alone. This has worked out wonderfully ... and usually I have some help too ;) Here are a few photos, more for my records than anything else!

Oh yes, and on a side note, Tylor did plant some corn and blue lake bush beans at the Sarcoxie Nursery ... so I guess we do have a little bit of a 'country garden' this year, though I am not sure how that's going. I'll try to get over there to take a photo soon, or see if someone else can.

We have no easy access to water at our garden because it is so far away from our house ... there is a road and the church in between the garden and our home. We've been filling up 5 gallon buckets and using the wheel barrel to transport the water, but those days are over now thanks to Corban's rig. He attached a spigot to this old barrel with the top cut off and then put the barrel on his lawn mower. This morning was our first time using it and we were so thankful for it :)
watering rig

cucs and zucchini

herbs - dill, cilantro and basil

jalapeno and cayenne peppers

sweet peppers of various kinds

pole beans

one of our potato beds

one of our tomato beds

Here is a photo looking from the garden to the church (The Church of Monett) ... those are our peach trees that are not producing fruit this year due to a late frost. We tried to save them but I guess our efforts did not work. Oh well! One of the apple trees in front has a lot of little apples on it though :)

Here I doctored up the above photo ... maybe we'll put it on the church website?

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - I will get to them as soon as possible. Thank you!